Sean Murray, the person whom started all the trouble in Rasharkin and who stated at a public meeting 7 years ago that he would have the Ballymaconnelly parade stopped within 5 years, he has since failed to deliver, he also attends regular meetings of the RRA. Bullied the chairman last year to the extent he felt so intimidated that he left. Now the coward is passing the blame unto us, who is trying to deliver his out of date promise, by saying we are opposing the peace process and the new Policing! We note also that the local MLA has also run away to Strabane, he recently sent out a letter in which he stated that Rasharkin would end up the same as Crumlin without Dialogue, he said the last time the Old Order paraded here there was toruble, we note that day that Mr McKay was across the Border. Will he abandon the people of Rasharkin next year as well for the comfort of the Policing Board!
Wednesday, 22 August 2012
Rasharkin Residents Collective (3)
The antipathy and indeed venom of the Rasharkin Residents Collective (RRC) towards Sinn Fein is well illustrated by this post from their Facebook page.
I have copied the post as it was written, poor grammar and all, as it is a fascinating account of developments in Rasharkin as well as the struggle between Sinn Fein and the dissident voices in the RRC. Here are the five main points that can be extracted from the RRC post:
1. The opposition to parades in Rasharkin was 'started' by Sean Murray of Sinn Fein at a public meeting seven years ago.
2. Murray promised that he would get the annual band parade stopped within five years.
3. Sean Murray continues to work closely with the mainstream Rasharkin Residents Association and attends their regular meetings.
4. The RRC is deeply critical of Sean Murray and the North Antrim Sinn Fein MLA Daithi McKay
5. Sinn Fein accuse the RRC of being opposed to the 'peace process and the new policicng' of the PSNI..
That is what the Rasharkin Residents Collective are saying in just one of their posts and there is a wealth of information on their Facebook page.
Posted by Nelson McCausland MLA at 01:18