- James Bryce (1838-1922) - Liberal statesman
- Joseph Larmor (1857-1942) - scientist and Unionist MP
- Thomas Russell (1767-1803) - United Irishman
- Francis Joseph Bigger (1863-1926) - antiquarian
- Mercy Hunter (1910-1989) - artist
- Francis Joy (1697-1790) - founder of the Newsletter
- William Robert Rodgers (1909-1969) - poet and writer
- Patrick Neill & James Blow (1676-1759) - first printers in Belfast
- Otto Jaffe (1846-1929) - Jewish businessman & lord mayor
Saturday, 2 January 2010
More 'blue plaques' for Belfast
Belfast City Council has approved the funding for another series of blue plaques, which will be erected by the Ulster History Circle.
The people to be commeorated are:
There is also a plaque for the Maritime Rhythm and Blues Club, which was the first blues club in Belfast.
The Ulster History Circle does some excellent work in highlighting important individuals who have contributed to society in various ways.
Posted by Nelson McCausland MLA at 22:42